Petites Tartes Aux Fruits
French tarts are different from American pies in that they do not have a top crust. This permits the baker to decorate the tarts artfully. Fave fun with it! This recipe can be used for mini or large tarts, depending on the size of the shells. Bon appétit!
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (2.1-ounce) package (15) frozen mini filo or pastry dough shells, thawed
- Assorted fruit (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, kiwis, mangos, mandarin oranges, drained crushed pineapple, etc)
- 1/4 cup current jelly, melted(in microwave for about 30 seconds)
- Fresh mint leaves (for decoration)
Combine cream cheese, sour cream, orange juice and vanilla in a medium bowl until well mixed.
Spoon about 1 teaspoon cream cheese filling into each filo shell.
Top with fruit.
Drizzle or brush melted jelly over fruit.
Garnish with mint leaves, if desired.
Cover and refrigerate up to 3 hours before serving.